Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Russ Dynasty: Lord Winston and Lady Isabella


Lord Winston and Lady Isabella

Did you know that people long ago thought that Maine Coon cats existed as a result of breeding between raccoons and native shorthair cats!? How crazy is that! My research says that it is more likely Maine Coons resulted from the mating between native cats and cats that were brought to the Americas by the Vikings. Their coats are long, ears tufted, and tails quite fluffy because they are cats suited to colder weather.

Whiskers2Tails Pet Care introduces two of it's newest clients, Winston and Isabella. They are Maine Coon siblings and are just lovely. They are house-dwellers who would not come out during our first pet sitting visit - no matter what!
Ummm, who are you? Are you supposed to be in my castle!?

However, on our second visit, Winston slyly poked his head around the corner, and then, so did Isabella!

Winston decided to check out my purse (was he looking for a toy, a snack, his sister...) as Isabella hopped up on the back of the couch to quiz me as to the purpose of my visit.
Look deeply, deeply, into my eyes...

Lucky for me, both cats were not disdainful of my visits, and we are now on a first name basis! Enjoy the slide show below of more photographs of the beautiful, fun-loving Lord Winston and Lady Isabella:

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard the racoons, I had heard stories about the native wild cats and domestic cats. The Viking theory is interesting.

    ReplyDelete