Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Great, Great Dane

Last week, I got to house-sit and pet-sit for a couple who went on their second honeymoon. Their doggie is the lovable and sweet, Forrest! We had many romps around the backyard, tug-of-war games, and walks around the neighborhood and over by Boomer Lake. One day, Forrest got to have a play date with his friend Zoe, the boxer. They had a rip-roarin' good time! We had an unwelcome guest, too. A snake wandered into the kitchen when I left the back door open for Forrest to come in when he was done with his business and I went to turn off the television. I came back in to find a S N A K E on the kitchen floor! ICKKKK! I shuffled it out using a newspaper and was completely shaken for the rest of the night! Forrest was not impressed with  my bravery at getting the snake out. He was too busy eating his dinner! All in all, it was a fun job for me, even if my sister had to keep my little Pete at her house so he wouldn't be too lonely without me at home. He had a great vaca - he got so spend a few days with his buddy, Henry!

Here are some cute pics I took of Forrest. He's a wonderful friend:

No comments:

Post a Comment