Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Northern Lights Family

Cena
Over Thanksgiving weekend, I got to meet a wonderful family that moved here from North Dakota. Pet parents are a sweet young couple with loving attitudes towards their whiskered babies. Cena (named after John Cena the WWE wrestler) is a border collie mix with the deepest, sweetest, brown eyes! You could just melt into those puddles of love! He had been injured by a dog bite a few days before his pet parents left, so I made sure to give him extra TLC. Cena loves belly rubs, chewing and being the center of attention.

Koby is the pup of the bunch. He is mostly Catahoula Leopard Hound and has the softest fur ever!

Koby
A Walk by the Lake
Koby loves to play tug of war, sneak cat food snacks, and play with Cena. Both dogs enjoyed our many walks, especially around Boomer Lake and our field trip to Petco!

These special dogs also have 3 cat friends who live with them. Juice is the leader of the cat pack. He is pensive when you first meet him, and it took 6 or 7 visits to their home before he let me pet him without hissing! He has beautiful long fur and makes sure Koby doesn't sneak too much cat food! Ceasar is an orange tabby. He was a little shy in the beginning, but after a couple of sneaky looks around corners, he finally accepted me as a friend.

Juice
Ceasar
I was so glad, because I miss my sweet orange tabby best buddy, Taffy. Ceasar reminded me of Taffy's loving spirit.

The friendliest cat in the family is Spice. She is a calico beauty! She was immediately my friend; purring and rubbing up against me when I prepared food.

Spice
Sitting for their supper
I am looking forward to taking care of these whiskered friends in the future and seeing the dogs and their pet parents at Doggy Play Dates on the OSU Library Lawn. Maybe we'll see you there, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment