Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Riley!

On February 12th, I hosted a birthday party for my best friend's dog, Riley. It was really the anniversary date of Lauren's adoption of Riley. She is a cutie pie doggy! Here she is with her gift pile. Riley loves to snuggle and play with her pal, Pete. Lauren brought a cake for the humans at the party and I made a pupcake for Riley and her puppy friends. Here are Pete and Riley eating their cake, a picture of the pupcake and the people cake!

Here's the recipe for the pupcake:

Peanut Butter Carrot Pupcake
1 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 c. shredded carrots
1 t. vanilla
1/3 c. honey
1 egg

Frosting:
1 T peanut butter
1/4 c. cream cheese

Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool. I baked my pupcake in a cupcake baking pan I found at Walmart. For the frosting, mix the peanut butter and cream cheese together and put in a plastic zippy bag. Snip off the corner and decorate.

The dogs loved it and even a couple of people at the party sampled it and liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment