Monday, November 22, 2010

ALMOST lost doggies

Pete and I were returning from our walk this evening to find two neighborhood doggies in our yard. They had somehow gotten their fence latch unhooked and escaped from their backyard. I ran up to the house and rang the doorbell, but no one was home. So I put Pete in the house, scooped up the older, littler dog and carried him back to my neighbors' house. The younger dog skedaddled into his yard and I set the little one down and latched the fence. The little one had a phone tag on him, so I called and left a message about their escape. Later, I saw some people in their driveway - turns out they were friends coming by to feed the dogs. I told them what happened and the young man put a brick in front of the gate so it couldn't get pushed open again. I'm sure glad I had developed a relationship with these little dogs because they could have run away from me and been hit on our busy street! This shows how important it is to know your neighbors and keep identification tags on your dogs! So glad our little doggie friends are safe tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment